Pre-Announcement: Research Commercialization Bootcamp
ENRICH in the USA organizes two-week Boot Camps in the United Sates and provides participants with perspectives on their market in various US regions. All Boot Camp participants will start and end the program in Boston where they will receive an introductory course in “Conducting Business in the US” and engage in unique networking opportunities with local innovation experts. In between, participants will be hosted for up to 10 days by a certified Soft Landing site in the US which will provide programming/services especially themed to the various industry sectors and matched to the needs of each applicant.
In preparation for the Boot Camps, a pre-departure workshop will be provided to ensure the participants to make the most of their two weeks in the US.
This call will fund 10 participants for the Research Commercialization (RC) Bootcamp in October 2018.
The costs for the venue, materials, guest speakers and some meals are covered via grants provided by ENRICH in the USA to selected participants.
Participants will however have to cover the costs for flights to and from the United States, their hotel accommodations, most meals, travel within the United States as well as other costs not mentioned above (e.g. ESTA/VISA application costs, health insurance, etc.).
Target Group and Eligibility Criteria
ENRICH in the USA is looking for competitively selected EU Research & Innovation (R&I) actors that are in the early stages of commercializing EU research and have either technology development and/or business opportunities in the US.
- Early stage start-up founders spun out of universities or research labs or licensing related technologies
- Researchers looking for market opportunities and funding for their R&D project
- Established pre-revenue start-ups
In order to qualify for the provided service, applicants have to meet the following requirements:
- If an individual, applicant must be a tax payer in an EU Member State or Associated Country (EU MS/AC) AND/OR be an EU MS/AC passport holder
- If incorporated, applicant must pay taxes in an EU MS/AC AND/OR have as the majority of shareholders EU MS/AC passport holders
- Be able to communicate (read and speak) in English;